Life Healing Center delivers superior services to adults who are living with the effects of behavioral health concerns. At our facility in northern New Mexico, we provide clinically excellent, inclusive mental health programming for adults age 18 and older of all gender identities and sexual orientations. We offer an atmosphere of dignity and respect where clients can work toward lasting wellness.
About Mental Health Intervention
Learn about mental healthcare at Life Healing Center in northern New Mexico
Untreated mental health conditions can lead to emotional distress and harmful behaviors that may cause individuals to experience a disconnect from the life they once had. These individuals may also find it difficult to take the first step in seeking mental health treatment. At Life Healing Center, an established and respected behavioral health facility near Albuquerque, New Mexico, our clients engage in effective, comprehensive mental health services.
Life Healing Center has more than three decades of experience treating individuals nationwide who are living with primary mental health concerns. Our expert staff completes collaborative and thorough assessments to identify each client’s mental health concerns and accordingly develops treatment plans consisting of holistic, evidence-based modalities. At Life Healing Center, we offer the targeted, personalized attention individuals need to manage their symptoms and lead a productive, healthy life.
We understand that individuals who are experiencing behavioral health concerns may also be struggling with co-occurring substance use disorders and the effects of trauma, so the services we provide address all areas of a person’s life. Clients at our facility benefit from inclusive care and personalized support in a nonjudgmental environment.
Levels of Care
Mental healthcare at the residential and PHP levels at Life Healing Center in northern New Mexico
At Life Healing Center, each client participates in the level of care that best suits their current needs based on the symptoms and concerns they present with. Regardless of the level of care they enter, each client works with our clinical staff to create a treatment plan that consists of evidence-based modalities to assist in their wellness journey. Individuals who seek our assistance to manage mental health concerns typically enter treatment at the residential level. After completing residential care, clients who need additional support may step down to our partial hospitalization program (PHP).
Residential care: Individuals who are suffering from symptoms of mental health conditions often participate in residential treatment for 28 to 35 days, engaging in eight hours of evidence-based therapeutic programming each day. The trained behavioral health professionals on our staff are able to care for individuals who have a more acute clinical presentation of mental health symptoms.
Partial hospitalization program (PHP): This level of care offers six hours of structured therapeutic mental health services per day, at least five days per week. Clients who participate in our PHP may step up to our residential program if they need a higher level of care.
Each client who seeks care from Life Healing Center follows a personalized treatment plan that addresses the mental health symptoms they are experiencing. Based on this treatment plan, clients may participate in some of the following evidence-based modalities, as determined by their treatment team:
- Monitoring from psychiatrists and mental health nurse practitioners who are on-site seven days per week
- Medical intervention as needed
- Meetings with psychiatrists as often as needed
- Individual therapy sessions three times a week with a licensed master’s-level therapist, counselor, or social worker
- Family therapy once a week or as needed to educate and support the family unit
- Group therapy incorporating scientifically proven interventions such as cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), skill–building, healthy body/healthy mind, and psychodrama
- Self-pay adjunctive modalities (optional experiential therapies not typically covered by insurance), including eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR), equine therapy, craniosacral therapy, art therapy, somatic experiencing, and sound therapy
- Medication management services from psychiatrists and psychiatric nurse practitioners
- Weekly support groups for individuals who are part of the LGBTQ+ community
Criteria to receive mental health services at Life Healing Center in northern New Mexico
Life Healing Center welcomes clients from throughout the United States. Our holistic, comprehensive behavioral health services are designed to help individuals who are experiencing disorders such as:
- Posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Bipolar disorder
- Anxiety disorders
- Personality disorders
- Autism spectrum disorder, on a case-by-case basis
- Adjustment disorder
At Life Healing Center, we aim to be as transparent as possible regarding the requirements for admission to our mental healthcare facility in the Albuquerque and Santa Fe, New Mexico, area. We are able to assist individuals who:
- Are age 18 or older
- Identify as male, female, LGBTQ+, or gender–nonconforming
- Are able to enter treatment voluntarily
- Meet the criteria for a diagnosable mental health disorder or substance use disorder
- Are able to communicate in English, both verbally and through writing
- Do not demonstrate an immediate danger to themselves or others and are not actively suicidal with intent
- Are not experiencing medical concerns that require a higher level of care
- Demonstrate evidence that they will benefit from participation in our services
- Do not need a higher level of care
- Are physically and mentally capable of participating in care at our facility
At Life Healing Center, we accept admissions 24/7, 365 days a year. Individuals begin the admissions process by completing a clinical screening and intake assessment to determine if Life Healing Center is a good fit for their needs. Our admissions staff completes this screening over the phone and passes this information on to our clinical staff for additional review.
If you or your loved one is looking for mental health services in the Albuquerque and Santa Fe, New Mexico, area, Life Healing Center may be the perfect place for you. Our holistic, inclusive atmosphere and friendly staff offer individuals nationwide a welcoming environment to improve their mental well-being and create a healthier future.