Life Healing Center is a premier residential depression treatment center in Santa Fe, New Mexico, that provides individualized depression treatment for adults age 18 and older. Because we understand that every person is unique, our team of mental health experts creates a specialized plan of care for each client that includes a blend of evidence-based and experiential therapies. At the core of our treatment approach is the belief that everyone has the innate ability to heal and live a full and meaningful life.
Depression Treatment Overview
Depression is a debilitating mental health disorder that can affect a person’s daily mood, strain their important relationships, and jeopardize their career. If you are experiencing symptoms of depression, deciding to get treatment is a courageous choice that reflects hope for the future.
At a residential depression treatment center, clients can receive 24-hour care as they focus on healing. Finding the right type of depression treatment is a matter of determining which provider is best prepared to meet your unique needs. The ideal depression treatment center for you is one that provides the care that will help you achieve your immediate and long-term goals.
Residential depression treatment at Life Healing Center in Santa Fe, New Mexico, includes daily therapy, round-the-clock support, and close collaboration with a team of experienced professionals. By getting residential treatment, you can receive individualized care that can form the foundation for meaningful improvements in your life and help you begin to heal.
Therapies Used in Depression Treatment
Depression is one of the most widespread mental health disorders worldwide. Many people who struggle with depression do not get the treatment they need to combat its negative effects. At Life Healing Center, depression treatment includes evidence-based therapies that can help people learn the tools they need to thrive. Evidence-based therapies we use at Life Healing Center to treat depression can include:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT): Cognitive behavioral therapy is a common type of talk therapy that can be used in individual or group settings. Through CBT, a mental health professional helps clients challenge negative thought patterns, which can allow them to manage stressful situations more effectively.
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT): Dialectical behavior therapy is another kind of therapy that can be used to treat people who have depression. DBT can help clients identify and change negative behavioral patterns and learn how to regulate their emotions.
- Individual therapy: In individual therapy, clients meet one-on-one with a licensed therapist who may use CBT, DBT, or other types of treatment modalities to help clients begin to heal from symptoms of depression. In these sessions, clients can share experiences, express concerns, and receive feedback in a confidential setting.
- Group therapy: In group therapy, clients work with others who are struggling with behavioral health concerns. Listening to each other can show clients that they are not alone in the difficulties they’re facing, and it can offer them support and encouragement.
- Family therapy: In family therapy, a licensed therapist helps families improve their communication habits so that they can provide support for their loved one who is undergoing depression treatment.
Benefits of Getting Treatment For Depression
The overall benefit of depression treatment is that it can help you achieve an improved quality of life.
The specific ways depression treatment can benefit you will depend on your individual goals and how the disorder has affected your life. When you get depression treatment at Life Healing Center in Santa Fe, New Mexico, we’ll work closely with you to assess your needs, help you identify your treatment goals, and develop a treatment plan that’s right for you.
At our residential depression treatment center, you’ll work with a team of experienced professionals who provide evidence-based and adjunctive therapies within a structured and supportive environment. Our depression treatment center is a nonjudgmental place where you will be welcomed, accepted, and respected.
Depression treatment is not a passive experience. Your depression treatment team will encourage you to play an active role in your care so that you can become an advocate for yourself and take ownership of your continued progress.
An important added benefit of receiving depression treatment is that you can come to understand that you are not alone in the struggles you’re facing. Our depression treatment professionals, along with a community of peers, can be a source of comprehensive support for you.
Part of your depression treatment at Life Healing Center will involve identifying the resources and people who can form a personal support network. This network can help you make sustained progress in the weeks, months, and years after your time at our depression treatment center. This support can help you build self-confidence and create new ways of thinking. As you build confidence and develop coping skills, you may experience improved functioning and a more satisfying quality of life.
Additional benefits that can result from receiving depression treatment include:
- Better focus and concentration
- Improved performance at school or work
- Sharper thinking and improved memory
- More self-control
- Increased libido
- Stronger connections with friends and family
- More energy
- New coping strategies
- Improved mood
- Better sleep
- Increased interest in socializing
The team at our Santa Fe residential depression treatment center provides exceptional care that can help you experience these types of life-changing improvements.
Finding the Right Depression Treatment Center
Finding the best residential treatment center for depression is an important investment in improving your mental health. An effective depression treatment center will ideally have the following:
- Licensed and accredited therapists and other staff members
- A variety of therapies and services that address a wide range of needs
- Depression treatment philosophies that match your goals and values
- A wide range of appealing activities and amenities
- Supportive aftercare planning that can provide clients with recommendations for ongoing support services after they’ve completed treatment
Life Healing Center features these services and resources, with all care delivered in a safe and welcoming environment. If you have any questions about the resources and services available at our depression treatment center in Santa Fe, New Mexico, please contact us today.
Getting Help at Our Depression Treatment Center in Santa Fe
When people do not receive treatment for depression, they are putting themselves at risk for a number of negative outcomes, including things like substance abuse, health problems, and job loss. In the worst cases, it can also lead to suicidal thoughts and death by suicide. Without support from qualified professionals, it can be difficult to heal from depression.
For many people, receiving care at a residential treatment center can be the beginning of lifelong healing. Located about one hour from Albuquerque, Life Healing Center offers comprehensive residential treatment for those who are struggling with depression. Set on 9 acres of beautiful grounds in the foothills of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains, our treatment center is known for delivering unique and effective care.
Within 24-48 hours of arriving at our treatment center, each client meets with a psychiatrist, who provides medication management services if medication is incorporated into the client’s treatment plan. Psychiatrists are on-site for follow-up meetings on an as-needed basis.
Because we know that every person has a unique background and specific needs, our residential depression treatment center provides each client with an individualized treatment plan. In addition to individual, group, and family therapies, clients may have the opportunity to participate in a number of experiential and adjunctive therapies. Clients can choose from a wide variety of therapies depending on their individual interests. These additional therapies can be highly effective because they support the connection between the body and the mind. The following are some of the experiential and adjunctive therapies we offer at our residential depression treatment center:
- Mindfulness meditation: Meditation can help train the brain to manage symptoms of depression by changing how it reacts to stress and worry. When you meditate, you can learn to override the triggers in the brain that would typically cause stress.
- Art therapy: Sometimes people who are struggling with depression can have trouble putting feelings into words. Art therapy offers a way for people to express themselves without words. It encourages self-awareness and can also improve cognitive and sensorimotor functions.
- Qi gong: Qi gong is a mind-body practice that combines gentle exercise and relaxation. It is a component of traditional Chinese medicine that means qi (vital energy) and gong (skill). The purpose of qi gong is to strengthen the mind and improve energy.
- Sound therapy: Sound therapy can be divided into two types: active music therapy and receptive music therapy. In active music therapy, patients sing, play musical instruments, and create sounds themselves. In receptive music therapy, patients listen to sound or music as a part of meditation. Both types of sound therapy can lead to chemical changes in the brain that promote feelings of relaxation.
- Narrative therapy: In narrative therapy, clients can explore and analyze the experiences they have had that form their personal stories. Mental health professionals can help clients find meaning in their stories and reconstruct how they want their stories to look moving forward. This type of therapy can also help clients challenge preconceived beliefs and begin to view themselves in a positive light. This can be an ideal therapy for people who have had difficulty processing problematic past relationships, traumatic events, or grief.
- Bodywork therapy: Bodywork therapies such as reiki, massage, and craniosacral therapies can help improve mood and relaxation.
On average, clients spend 30 days at our residential depression treatment center, though this varies from person to person depending on their needs and the progress they make in treatment. When clients prepare to leave our residential depression treatment center, their case manager and individual therapist will go through the types of aftercare services they might best benefit from. We know that managing depression symptoms can be an ongoing part of life for our clients, and we want to empower them as they continue on their healing journeys.
To learn more about the many reasons why our residential depression treatment center in Santa Fe, New Mexico, may be the perfect place for you or a loved one, please contact us at your convenience.
This content was written on behalf of and reviewed by the clinical staff at Life Healing Center.