About the Program
When symptoms from mood and mental health disorders are left untreated, they can be completely debilitating. Those who suffer from these disorders often undergo a substantial amount of distress, potentially resulting in maladaptive coping mechanisms and self-destructive behaviors. Unrest from the severity of your symptoms, combined with self-destructive behaviors, can be devastating and cause you to feel an overwhelming sense of hopelessness. At Life Healing Center, we are proud to offer the Empowerment Program for those suffering from mood and mental health disorders.
The Empowerment Program is designed for men and women, ages 18 and older, who require treatment for mood and mental health disorders that have a significant impact on their everyday lives. Located in Santa Fe, NM (near Albuquerque, NM), the ultimate goal of this program is to help every patient discover the confidence and independence they need to live a life free from the afflictions of mental illness. Our treatment center aims to achieve this goal through a combination of treatment types that provide a holistic approach. This specialized program is specifically tailored for men and women experiencing primary issues due to mood or mental health disorders. Additionally, we also have vast experience treating co-occurring concerns, including those surrounding the complexities of substance abuse.
During the course of treatment at our center, the following are among the therapeutic interventions that can be incorporated into your individualized treatment plan:
- Medication management services with a psychiatrist to assess, address, and provide psychotropic medication(s) when needed
- Weekly Individual therapy sessions with a Master’s-level therapist
- Group therapy sessions that cover topics such as trauma resolution, healing shame, unhealthy coping strategies including substance use disorders, relapse prevention, living in balance, healthy lifestyles, and emotion regulation, to name a few
- Family therapy sessions are recommended based on clinical need. The sessions can be conducted by phone or in person. Life Healing Center works with the patient and family member to develop a plan to best meet the patient’s needs
- Experiential therapies, such as psychodrama, group equine therapy, art therapy, and movement therapy
- Ancillary therapies that include individual art therapy, EMDR, individual equine therapy, breathwork, somatic experiencing, massage, and Reiki
The aforementioned interventions are evidenced-based therapies that are proven effective in treating individuals who are struggling with mood and mental health conditions, and they lay the groundwork for lasting healing.
Throughout treatment in the Empowerment program, you will participate in a journey that promotes true healing, and ultimately aims to change hopelessness to determination and confidence. The Empowerment Program includes several objectives that are meant to assist you in learning to effectively manage symptoms of mental health disorders. These objectives include:
- Providing education on the disorder or illness you are faced with
- Teaching the skills needed to recognize triggers that exacerbate symptoms
- Processing and managing unsettling symptoms by using clinically proven therapeutic techniques
- Forging relationships with yourself and others to decrease isolation and build a supportive environment
- Providing education on the effects of your disorder and teaching you how to identify triggers that lead to unhealthy coping methods
- Solidifying effective coping mechanisms and prevention strategies for maladaptive behaviors to ensure lasting recovery
- Assisting you in the healing process; moving from the mindset of victim to an empowered individual
These objectives are woven into the various treatment methods and modalities that you will participate in while engaged in this program.
If you or someone you care about is looking for mood or mental health disorder treatment in the Albuquerque/Santa Fe, NM area, your search is complete. Life Healing Center’s Empowerment Program is where men and women alike can acquire the skills, confidence, and healing needed to begin a bright and happy future.