Life Healing Center provides comprehensive, personalized treatment for adults of all genders who are experiencing posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) or other effects of trauma. Our facility in northern New Mexico is a safe and supportive place where adults age 18 and older can take significant steps toward improved mental health.
Who We Serve
Admissions information for adults who need treatment for trauma at Life Healing Center in northern New Mexico
Life Healing Center offers superior residential care for adults who have developed posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) or are experiencing other effects of trauma. Our facility is located in Santa Fe, New Mexico, about 60 miles northeast of Albuquerque, New Mexico. For more than three decades, we have served individuals from throughout the United States, and we are proud to have developed a nationwide reputation for excellence.
All admissions decisions at Life Healing Center are made on an individual basis following a thorough assessment of each person’s treatment history, needs, and goals. In general, we accept individuals who meet the following criteria:
- Adults of all genders, age 18 and older
- Have a diagnosis of a mental health disorder or substance use disorder (which is the clinical term for addiction)
- Able to fully engage in all aspects of treatment
- Can benefit from residential care
- Willing to enter our facility on a voluntary basis
Life Healing Center is an inclusive environment where all clients are treated with dignity and respect. We welcome all members of the LGBTQ+ community, and we are committed to providing you with the services and support you deserve.
Please note that we cannot accept individuals who have medical concerns that warrant a higher level of care than we can provide, nor can we admit anyone who demonstrates an imminent danger to themselves or others.
Elements of Care
Features of care for adults who are taking part in trauma treatment at Life Healing Center in northern New Mexico
At Life Healing Center, residential care includes an array of evidence-based therapies and practices for adults who have been struggling with posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and other effects of trauma. Treatment is provided by a multidisciplinary team of experienced and compassionate professionals.
Our commitment to personalized service means that no two people will ever have identical experiences with us. Adults who receive care for PTSD or other effects of trauma at our treatment facility in northern New Mexico complete a thorough assessment upon admission. The results of this assessment form the basis of each client’s personalized treatment plan.
Depending on a variety of individual factors, personalized residential care at Life Healing Center for an adult who has been struggling with PTSD or other effects of trauma may include the following elements:
- Medication management services
- Individual therapy
- Group therapy
- Family therapy
We also offer a variety of optional adjunctive therapies, including art therapy, eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR), and somatic experiencing. These optional services, which are provided at an additional cost, are not typically covered by insurance.
When you receive residential care for PTSD or other effects of trauma at Life Healing Center, your treatment team will monitor your progress and, if necessary, revise your personalized plan to ensure that you receive maximum benefit throughout your time with us.
Benefits of Treatment at Life Healing Center
Benefits of receiving comprehensive treatment for posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and other effects of trauma at Life Healing Center in northern New Mexico
For more than three decades, Life Healing Center has been a source of superior care for adults whose lives have been impacted by mental and behavioral health concerns, including posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and other effects of trauma.
The many benefits of taking part in residential treatment for PTSD or other effects of trauma at our facility in northern New Mexico include:
- Thorough assessments to ensure that we have identified and are prepared to treat any co-occurring mental health concerns or substance use disorders
- Personalized treatment plans for all clients
- Multiple evidence-based therapies and practices, provided by a team of experienced professionals
- Master’s-level clinicians, including licensed mental health counselors (LMHCs), licensed professional clinical counselors (LPCCs), licensed master social workers (LMSWs), licensed clinical social workers (LCSWs), and licensed marriage and family therapists (LMFTs)
- Medical staff that includes psychiatrists, nurse practitioners, registered nurses (RNs), and licensed practical nurses (LPNs)
- Education about the nature of trauma, the effects of PTSD, and related topics
- Individualized guidance to develop more effective coping mechanisms
- Opportunities to form productive relationships and share support with peers who are also taking part in treatment
- Detailed discharge plans to ensure that you are connected with the support services that will help you maintain and build on the progress you make while in treatment with us
- Recovery Choice, an ongoing resource that provides a free connection with Life Healing Center for one year following your time in treatment
For additional information about residential care for adults who have been struggling with PTSD or other effects of trauma, contact us at your earliest convenience. A member of our team is available 24/7 to answer all your questions and help determine if Life Healing Center in northern New Mexico is the perfect place for you or your loved one.