Proudly serving the Albuquerque and Santa Fe, NM areas, Life Healing Center can help you or a loved one jumpstart the journey to sobriety in safety and comfort with our cocaine detox program. This service allows individuals to cleanse their minds and bodies of harmful substances prior to accessing other levels of support, and has proven to enhance the effectiveness of the treatment experience.
The Importance of Cocaine Detoxification
When you develop cocaine use disorder, your body will expect and crave the continued presence of this stimulant. When you either do not or cannot ingest cocaine in time to prevent the onset of cocaine withdrawal, you may experience the following physical and psychological symptoms:
- Overpowering urge to ingest cocaine
- Insomnia or hypersomnia
- Pervasive exhaustion
- Impaired motor functions
- Intense nightmares
- Inability to experience pleasure
- Suicidal ideation
These and other symptoms of cocaine withdrawal will eventually subside. However, when you are in the midst of experiencing them, the knowledge that they will end someday may be a source of little or no support. Also, the realization that this pain can be alleviated simply by relapsing into cocaine abuse can undermine your efforts to endure withdrawal.
If you give in to the distress of cocaine withdrawal, the resulting sense of shame and failure can actually push you deeper into substance abuse, and can also delay further efforts to stop abusing cocaine and getting help, which can have a devastating impact.
The good news is that there is a better way. Professionally supervised detoxification as part of comprehensive treatment for cocaine addiction is a safer and healthier way of ridding your body of cocaine and preparing to fully engage in the treatment that can put you on the path of lifelong recovery.
Benefits of Cocaine Detox at Life Healing Center, Serving Albuquerque & Santa Fe, NM
In general terms, addiction detoxification refers to the process through which a person rids his or her body of the substance or substances upon which he or she has become dependent. Depending upon the nature and severity of your addiction, this process typically lasts from a few days to about a week.
At Life Healing Center, detoxification, or detox, occurs within the parameters of our Hope Program, which serves adult men and women, ages 18 and above. The following are among the many beneficial features of completing detox for cocaine addiction at Life Healing Center:
- Expert care – The detox program at Life Healing Center is staffed by dedicated professionals who are uniquely prepared to guide you through a successful detoxification experience.
- Safety – While you are in detox at Life Healing Center, you will be monitored around the clock to ensure that your health and safety are never at risk. This constant, close supervision ensures that you do not become a threat to yourself or others, and do not have the ability to relapse while receiving care.
- Comfort – The professionals who provide detox services through the Hope Program at Life Healing Center can help alleviate the discomfort that can accompany cocaine withdrawal.
- Support – If you are capable, you can participate in individual and group therapy sessions while still in detox. These sessions can provide an additional level of support and prepare you to fully engage in these treatment activities when you transition into residential care.
- Community – The recovery community is a vibrant and dynamic family of men and women who can be sources of ongoing love and support. Connecting to this community, which is an essential component of preparing you for long-term recovery, can begin during detox.
The many advantages of completing detox are not limited to the safety and security of the process itself. The following are four of the many long-term benefits that can result from participating in detox for cocaine addiction at Life Healing Center:
- Success – As discussed in a previous section, failed withdrawal can drive a person deeper into cocaine addiction and can diminish the likelihood that he or she will seek treatment. Conversely, when you successfully rid your body of cocaine by completing detox, this victory can help you to develop the positive mindset and hopeful outlook that can empower you to overcome the challenges that can threaten to derail your continued recovery.
- Strength – As you rid your body of cocaine through detox, you will also begin to regain the physical and psychological strength that will play an essential role in your ability to make continued progress during and after treatment. Realizing the importance of nurturing one’s strength and maintaining your physical and mental health are important steps on the path of recovery.
- Continuity – After you complete detox for cocaine addiction with us, you can transition directly into residential care without ever leaving our campus. In addition to promoting continuous care and avoiding any gaps that can occur if you are forced to wait to get into treatment, it also protects you from the threat of immediate relapse.
- Community – While you are in detox at Life Healing Center, you can begin to make important connections with others in the recovery community. We understand that treatment is just one part of a long process, and we encourage all who heal with us to benefit from the support and fellowship that exists within the vibrant community of those who are also walking the path of recovery.
To learn more about cocaine detoxification at Life Healing Center, or for answers to any additional questions that you may have about our services, please feel free to contact us at your convenience. We look forward to speaking with you and helping you to determine if our program is the perfect place for you or a loved one.