At Life Healing Center, we recognize the strife that is caused by unaddressed trauma and are pleased to offer treatment for such distress via our Serenity Program. The Serenity Program at Life Healing Center addresses the effects of trauma on individuals. Experiencing, witnessing, or learning about a trauma or a series of traumatic events can have a profound effect on a person. The results of traumatic experiences can be devastating. Individuals who lack coping skills often turn to drugs and alcohol, self-destructive behaviors and struggle with the ability to function on a day-to-day basis.
The Serenity Program is designed for men and women, aged 18 and older, who require resolution and care for trauma-related symptoms. This program supplies holistic treatment that treats unresolved emotional pain and turmoil, as well as co-occurring mental health conditions and chemical dependency. Within this specialized program, patients will embark on the road to serenity and lay the foundation for true healing by transitioning from a victimized mindset that includes feelings of unrest and helplessness into a calm, peaceful, and forward-moving being that can live a life that is authentic and productive.
The Serenity Program includes several objectives that are meant to assist patients in processing trauma and developing the skills needed to achieve and ultimately sustain healthy recovery. These objectives include:
- Providing education on the topic of trauma and teaching patients about the far-reaching impact of trauma
- Processing and integrating trauma by using evidence based therapeutic techniques
- Teaching relationship-building with one’s self and others
- Providing education on the effects of the trauma and teaching patients how to identify triggers that lead to unhealthy coping methods
- Developing emotion management skills
- Solidifying effective coping mechanisms and relapse prevention strategies so as to ensure lasting recovery
- Assisting the patient in their healing process; moving from victim to an calm, empowered individual
- Formulating a relapse prevention plan designed to change maladaptive behaviors
These objectives are woven into the various treatment methods and modalities that patients will participate in while engaged in this program. During the course of a man or woman’s treatment, the following are among the therapeutic interventions that can be incorporated into each patient’s individualized treatment plan:
- Medication management services with a psychiatrist to assess, address, and provide psychotropic medication(s) when needed
- Weekly Individual therapy sessions with a master’s prepared therapist
- Group therapy sessions that cover topics, such as trauma resolution, healing shame, unhealthy coping strategies including substance use disorders, relapse prevention, living in balance, healthy lifestyles, and emotion regulation, to name a few
- Family therapy sessions are recommended based on clinical need. The sessions can be conducted by phone or in person. Life Healing Center works with the patient and family member to develop a plan to best meet the patient’s needs
- Experiential and adjunctive therapies, such as psychodrama, equine therapy, art therapy, and movement therapy, EMDR, breathwork, somatic experiencing, massage, and Reiki, to name a few
The aforementioned interventions are evidenced based therapies proven effective in treating individuals who are struggling with trauma and lay the groundwork for lasting healing.
If you or someone you care about is in need of treatment in order to heal from a trauma, your search is over. Life Healing Center’s Serenity Program is where men and women alike can acquire the skills, confidence, and healing needed to overcome the distress of unresolved trauma. Give us a call today to begin your bright and happy future.