At Life Healing Center, our diverse treatment programming reflects the individuality of each and every one of our patients. We offer a variety of experiential therapy opportunities to help individuals suffering from chemical dependence, trauma and co-occurring disorders, and mood and mental health conditions. We are proud to offer our patients the chance to participate in activities that allow them to connect at a deeper, spiritual level.
- Equine Therapy: Recreational animal therapy has been shown to host a multitude of benefits in the recovery setting. This technique has proven to be helpful in combating the effects of anxiety and depression, as well as boosting physical health and encouraging empathy. During their time with us, patients will have access to both individual and group equine therapy, and can enjoy time spent with a service dog. Conducted by a certified staff member, our animal-assisted programming has been shown to alleviate suffering, build confidence, and alleviate feelings of isolation that often accompany addiction, mental illness, and trauma.
- Acupuncture: Acupuncture stimulates the body throughout, encouraging increased blood flow and natural healing. Acupuncture is known to have many therapeutic benefits, from pain relief to improved sleep to soothing depression, anxiety, and more.
- Art Therapy: The creative process encourages self-expression. The result of this expression is not only artwork, but a visual representation of a person’s inner feelings. Evaluating artwork to gain insight into one’s psyche, therefore providing a greater understanding of one’s well-being and an opportunity for healing.
- Massage Therapy: Massage therapy doesn’t only have physical benefits; it also comes with a host of emotional benefits, including stress relief and relaxation.
- Psychodrama: As the name suggests, psychodrama is a guided, therapeutic form of drama. Individuals act out various scenarios that allow them to find new perspectives on issues they face. Psychodrama is particularly effective for trauma and PTSD treatment, although individuals facing different issues can find benefit from the therapy as well.
- Breathwork: Guided by an skilled practitioner, breathwork involves consciously focusing on one’s breathing and the cadence of those breaths. Breathwork is known to increase emotional empowerment and spiritual connectivity, and it forges a strong connection with the mind and the body.
- Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR): For some, negative experiences are not fully processed, which can cause increased distress and confusion. EMDR involves movements of the eye to help the brain process these experiences, ultimately decreasing unrest. EMDR is a well-respected therapeutic exercise, recognized by many, such as the American Psychiatric Association, as an effective form of treatment.
- Reiki: Reiki is a spiritual treatment that promotes healing deep within by the transfer of energy from one person to another. When someone’s spirit or energy is low, a Reiki treatment allows them to feel the peace and light of the Reiki master’s energy, in turn treating the patient’s entire well-being.
- Hakomi: Hakomi is centered around mindfulness, encouraging awareness of the state of the mind, body, and spirit. Individuals practicing Hakomi explore their inner selves to the core, encouraging self-discovery, awareness, and growth.
If you would like to learn more about our adjunctive therapies, please contact us at your convenience. Our staff is ready, willing, and able to help you determine if whether Life Healing Center is the right place for you or your loved one.