Nestled in the majestic Sangre de Cristo foothills overlooking beautiful Santa Fe, New Mexico, Life Healing Center is a place of peace, renewal, and personal transformation for adults aged 18 and above who are struggling with mood and mental health disorders, trauma and co-occurring disorders, and addiction.
Since the day we opened our doors in 1993, Life Healing Center has been dedicated to providing world-class care in an atmosphere of safety and respect. Treatment at Life Healing Center is provided by highly qualified knowledgeable professionals. Our staff consists of board-certified adult psychiatrist, Masters level therapists, licensed drug and alcohol counselors, nurses, clinical technicians, and contracted ancillary service providers. Additionally, with 39 beds and a low therapist-to-patient ratio, we value the importance of a personalized, comprehensive treatment experience that meets the unique needs of each person who chooses to heal with us.
Our holistic care model combines time-tested techniques with emerging therapeutic methodologies to create a clinically sophisticated approach that addresses each patient on a physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual level. For this reason, we are trained in caring for individuals from all ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, and we truly excel at meeting people wherever they are in their struggles. Treatment options at Life Healing Center includes medically supervised detox services for individuals who need professional assistance to rid their bodies of alcohol or other substances, followed by primary treatment in one of the following residential programs:
- Empowerment Program: Mood & Mental Health Treatment
- Our empowerment program aims to give those who are struggling with mood or mental health disorders the ability to effectively manage their symptoms. Our goal is to help every patient discover the confidence and independence needed to live a life free from the afflictions of mental illness.
- Serenity Program: Trauma & Co-Occurring Treatment
- In our Serenity program, men and women who have experienced traumatic events embark on a journey of healing from the shame, distress and other effects that those experiences caused. We teach the skills needed to prevent maladaptive behaviors from emerging and to rediscover a sense of peace despite traumatic experiences.
- Hope Program: Addiction Treatment
- Men and women who have an addiction to alcohol or drugs begin treatment with medically monitored detox. Once their bodies are rid of the substances to which they had formed a chemical dependency, patients enter our Hope program. This program is designed to provide a renewed sense of hope for lasting sobriety, as it is specifically tailored to address chemical dependency concerns.
Therapies We Offer
As our patients progress through these programs, they also have the option to participate in a variety of therapeutic activities. These activities include individual therapy, group therapy, family therapy, psycho-pharmacology, cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), and dialectical behavior therapy (DBT).
Additionally, Life Healing Center offers an abundance of adjunctive experiential therapies, including art therapy equine therapy, psychodrama, massage, acupuncture, Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), and somatic experiencing. These experiential therapies provide our patients the opportunity to practice mindfulness, as they fully focus on the present moment they are experiencing.
With the understanding that residential treatment is just the first step on the path to long-term recovery, Life Healing Center ensures that each patient who completes treatment returns home with a comprehensive continuing care plan that includes specific information related to the type, level, and sources of support that is needed to prevent a recurrence of symptoms or reduction in functioning.